Welcome to my blog, where I write about random topics. Use the "Posts by Tag" section on the left to view my posts sorted by the various interests.

Quote For The Day:

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Eating to beat Cancer

Sorry, long post.... so I really didn't want to ruin anyone's 4th of July, but after my research I'm making a few changes to my own diet, too. Starting with cutting out known CARCINOGENS!

I hear people say, well I know something will kill me, so I may as well die happy, doing/eating the things I love. Friends let me tell you, after seeing 4 cases of cancer back to back, recently, IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I mean, I'd rather die happy than with great suffering, who wouldn't. So read on for more about relatively easy changes we can all make and why, if you will, to help yourself. Because I care about YOU, and ME.

*Grilling meats (but not veggies) causes carcinogenic byproducts to form.
*Baked at high temperature is also bad. Slow cook meats instead.
*Don't deep fry.
*Especially don't reuse oil - it destabilizes and turns rancid which damages your DNA. (One of the ways that provides cancer cells an opportunity to move in - more on that later.)
*Don't heat oils to smoking, or hotter. Releases toxic fumes and trans fats. Cook with EVO below smoking point.
*Use oven or stovetop to heat foods, as microwaving regularly is bad because of buildup of a harmful polymer from the high heat changes.
*Processed meats and foods are bad.
*Red meat is bad. Try to eliminate or cut down most of it.
*Try to reduce white flour and white rice.
*Excessive amounts of sugar/salt and oily foods.

Four cases.
1) Charles got too much sun damage without sunscreen, over time. (If he only knew then what we know now.) Unshielded sunshine is one of the most harmful factors that damages our DNA (even in your car!)
2) Hope. I think it was dietary/weight in her case. If you are considered overweight, shedding pounds (especially by kicking SUGAR to the curb) will start lowering your risk.
3) Drew. Well we don't know why or how he got his, guessing chemical exposure, or hereditary? Many chemicals, even gas pump vapors, damage your DNA.
4) And, Darren. Lung cancer, probably from cigarettes. Long term smoking, per Drew's doctors, is the leading cause of this type cancer. But quitting smoking immediately improves your odds. Many harmful chemicals in cigarettes damage your DNA.

If you make a few changes, you CAN significantly improve your chances of living to let something ELSE take you out that isn't so terrible! Please. Save yourself. And your next generation. DNA damage can be passed on.

"We all have cancer growing in our body. Every single one of us, even you. ... Up to 10k mistakes occur in the DNA of dividing cells in your body every day ... Most of them never become dangerous. ... Every single type of tumor (even "liquid" tumors like leukemia, etc) must have angiogenesis to grow beyond a pinpoint size."
You can get a genetic test to test for hereditary cancer risks, but "Up to 90-95% of cancers are linked to exposures from the environment and our lifestyles."
Our bodies repair most of the damage on its own, and some foods help the speed & efficiency of the repair process. Or they just prevent the damage.
But what lets cancer take hold? Immune system weakened, invaders take effect where undetected (treated w/ immunotherapy). Or, overactive immune system: autoimmune diseases, which results in inflammation.

I'm trying to cut out the bads, and add in the goods -- the Cancer and Disease Fighters. This book is a vast resource of what foods will starve those tumors of their blood source and prevent them from ever having a chance to take a hold. And the foods are not out of the ordinary. You'd be surprised.

Sugar by itself isn't the carcinogen. But "Being overweight causes hazardous inflammations. ... This increased immune response causes the body to generate excessive inflammation."
This is what starts trouble.

Well that's my soapbox for now. Some of these are harder than others, like bacon, ham, and beef... And microwaved lunches. I have a big change there. I'm a 3-4 day a week Teleworker right now so it just got easier. I have to adjust my work lunch convenience, though. Are you gonna change? What'll be your hardest sacrifice to make for yourself?


0 comments: