Welcome to my blog, where I write about random topics. Use the "Posts by Tag" section on the left to view my posts sorted by the various interests.

Quote For The Day:

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mondegreens

Some Excellent Mondegreens
(What the heck is a monegreen?  Apparently, that term came about from a folk song which describes the death of a noble: “They laid him on the green” sounded like “And Lady Mondegreen” and so the term was coined.)

Maybe Weird Al could use these fine lyrics.
Anyway, these made me giggle:

“Smooth Carburator”
"Carribou Queen"
“Sweet dreams are made of cheese”
It's "Dude Looks Like a Lady," not “Do the dragon lady”!  but I like that one a lot.....
"And now you do what they told ya" not "And now you dig a potato" (Rage Against the Machine)
“Granny Lego, let me go … Chris Miller … Granny Lego, let me go” (Queen)
“Felice navidad” not "Police smell a lot”
"Go go Jason Waterfalls" Did you know that  TLC liked the Power Rangers?
or maybe you've heard this great, hit, "
My sack of rice" by Creed
”S’Cuse Me While I Kiss This Guy”
“reach out and touch faith” not “reach out and suck face”
(CSI themesong) “Who are you?” not “OOOOH Ollie! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!” It's also not “OOOOH WALLY! ;)
“There’s a bad moon on the rise”, not “there’s a bathroom on the right”
“Jungle Love” not “chugalug”
“Take me down to the very last city” (paradise city)
”I’m alone and I’m in between” not ”I’m alone in a manatee!”
“Lead On, Oh Kinky Turtle” (Lead On, Oh King Eternal)
“Let me be your bottom feeder” (Father figure)
“My Sharona”not "RiceARoni"
“Gettin jiggy with it” not "kick a chicken with it"
“a Material Girl” not “I'm a Cheerio Girl”
"Two of Hearts" not “Two Pop Tarts”
“Takin’ Care of Biscuits” or “baking carrot biscuits”
“Deck the Halls with Buddy Holly”
“I can tell you my liver will still be strong... After the poisonous summer is gone.”
You’ve been hit by, you’ve been struck by, a smooth criminal -- not a spoon in the mouth.
"Panama" not "Animal" or “Enema”
“Sitting on a duck in Bombay”
“Hold me close, Tony Danza”
“Ducks in the Wind?” (dust in the wind)
“The First Noel” not “The First Snow Owl”

Real: Hey man are you talking back to me? You gotta keep em separated
Misheard: Hey man have you no respect for cheese?  You gotta keep it ‘frigerated
 
My body lies over the ocean, my body lies over the sea, my body lies over the ocean, oh bring back my body to me!


Don't read the rest if you offend easily  :-)

Venus, it's Venus!  ”I’m your Penis, I’m your fire, What’s your desire?”
‘You’re a dickhead to love’ (addicted to love)
“Play that Funky Music” not “Play that F . ing Music”
"second hand emotion" not “what’s love but a second hand in motion”

0 comments: