My dad has started taking honey every day. I know it's good stuff, and have heard of others using it too, so I wanted to know why this might be. I looked this one up too, and here's what I found:
1. Honey is nature’s energy booster
2. Honey is a great immunity system builder
3. Honey is a natural remedy for some ailments
Nature’s Energy Booster
- If you are feeling low and lethargic in the morning, instead of reaching out for a can of carbonated energy drink, try honey. Spread it on hot toast or replace the sugar in your tea with it for a refreshing surge of energy.
- Next time before you go for a workout, take a spoon of honey to enable you to go for the extra mile.
- Give kids honey water, or prepare them some sandwiches with honey, butter and ham to make sure they have enough energy to sustain through the day.
Immunity System Builder
Honey’s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight disease. Start every brand new day with this cleansing tonic if you want to see this health benefit of honey: before breakfast, mix a spoonful of honey and lemon juice from half a lemon into a cup of warm water and drink it.
Remedy for Ailments
For thousands of years, honey has been recognized as one of the most natural home remedies to treat a wide range of ailments and complaints including yeast infection , athlete foot , and arthritis pain. Its antiseptic properties inhibits the growth of certain bacteria and helps keep external wounds clean and free from infection. Honey has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts as it is able to absorb moisture from the air and promote healing. Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing both swelling and pain, and even scarring. It is widely believed that UMF Manuka is the preferred honey for wound dressing due to its strong antibacterial property.
Hangover cure: 15ml of liquid honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of natural yogurt. Blend them together until smooth.
Sore throats: it soothes but also kills certain bacteria that causes the infection.
Take a spoonful of honey to soothe the inflammation or gargle with a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Unable to sleep? Use the famous Milk and Honey Remedy. Take a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip.
It's also helpful when doing self-detox (see previous post on vinegar)