Welcome to my blog, where I write about random topics. Use the "Posts by Tag" section on the left to view my posts sorted by the various interests.

Quote For The Day:

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Slurry in a Hurry

Okay, so I'm still learning the art of crafting the proper slurry. And I'm tumbling garnets, so it has to be super-slurry! These babies are rock-hard!!! I guess I got in too big of a hurry to get started at first, and the poor rocks were totally swimming. I have since improved my recipe a bit, AND started using even bigger grit once we found out how friggin' HARD these things are, and last night for the first time yielded a much better consistency. Time will tell. Now if only I can find the time to recharge my barrel and get it started shaking before I leave for work in the mornings, this process will start taking half the time, LOL. I miss out on a 1/2 day's worth of progress right now!

0 comments: